Jaruma.com.ng, is an online publication based in northern Nigeria, is established with the aim of reporting on issues reporting affecting women and children. Our mission is to report issues affecting a section of the society, regardless of ethnicity, region, religion or creed.
We are an independent and non-partisan organization that holds public interest sacred and are ready to defend it at all times through factual, courageous, balanced, accurate and fair reporting without fear or favour.
We shall always strive to stand by the truth and hold public office holders to account by keeping tab on fulfillment of electoral promises, exposing misconduct and bringing problems facing members of the public to the knowledge of authorities and stakeholders concerned.
- We shall not publish or accept any news items, images, videos and other digital material that depict violence and gore, pornography, vulgar, homophobic and xenophobic language or expression of hatred targeted at any religion, region, ethnic identity, personality, gender, group, community or political interests.
- We shall endeavour to always avoid reporting or publishing defamatory material against any personality, institution, group, community, gender or professions.
- All advertisement content intended to be published on our website must meet the requirements of Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON).
- We shall not accept any advertisement on alcohol, illegal drugs, narcotics, intoxicants and other harmful substances, nudity, hate speech and any other material that may be deemed inappropriate.
- Our reporters/editors are discouraged from accepting any favours, gifts or gratifications from news sources that may seek to influence their editorial judgment.
- To ensure professionalism and to avoid legal pitfalls, we insist that all advertorials/write-ups focusing on politicians and government officials must be screened by our legal advisers before publication. To this end, we shall remove any part of such write-ups that we consider defamatory or inappropriate.
- Sponsors of political advertorials/write-ups must also sign an indemnity form before their materials are accepted for publication.
- Payment of all advertisements must be made in full and materials must be submitted at least 3 days before publication.
Chief-in-Editor and Founder: Ms. Bara’atu Nasidi